TTCF Race Registration Process
- Our Race Registrar (Missy) and Vernon are both on the TTCF distribution list as contacts for the club. On receipt of notification of an upcoming race, our Race Registrar sends a notification out to our club members by email and WhatsApp, indicating race info and registration deadline.
- Separately, Vernon continues to send the original TTCF race notification email to all members. This is a fail safe, just in case our Race Registrar does not get the TTCF email
- Club members advise our Race Registrar of their intent to race at an upcoming event, using WhatsApp or email.
- Our Race Registrar creates a list of all members who want to be registered to race an upcoming event.
- The Race Registrar publishes a list of those who are going to be registered for an upcoming event. The list will only contain those who intend to race.
- If you find that you are unable to race as planned, please make sure you let the Race Registrar know, so you can be removed from the list
- The Race Registrar registers cyclists for the event on the TTCF website before the deadline and confirms the registration back to all, by email and WhatsApp
We are aware that certain members do not have email or WhatsApp access. For those members, we ask those who normally train or are in contact with these members to advise them of upcoming events and get their race registration information.
The reasons for documenting the registration process is to
· Clarify roles and expectations
· Make our Race Regisrar’s life easier
· Avoid unnecessary late registration fees
· Avoid the disappointment of not being able to race an event
· Avoid the club having to pay year-end fines for no-shows at races
by hummingbirdscc and comments are closed.